Monday, January 17, 2011

Happiness

Whoa buddy! It's been forever since I written here... It really seems like a Skype chat with a friend who lives abroad, who you haven't talked to in a long time. Just really awkward, but good, and needed nonetheless. Where do I begin though?! You're probably wondering why the title is 'Happiness' and that would be because I really wanted to use this clip from 'The Pursuit of Happyness'.



No, it's actually because I might be the happiest I have ever been in my entire life, or maybe in a long time. It's something I should be nervous about though.. well, I am nervous, but super stoked as well. For the better part of half a year, I've been pursuing (like Will Smith) a job. As of a couple days ago, I got the job! Some of my friends have gotten jobs too, so it's all around a great time. Have to say though, there were times in the stretch leading up to the decision where I didn't know if I would get the job. What's the job, you ask? Well, right after my first year of schooling comes to an end, I will be embarking on a three month adventure, living in the bush, and treeplanting! I know, I know, it is no cake walk by any stretch. Trust me, I've been researching for a long time now, and this WILL be the hardest thing I ever do. It just feels so good to know that I will get some source of income this summer, a good source of income at that. Maybe, just maybe, I will get my ass on traveling finally! Slow and steady, Tim!

My friend Thom has started a gathering of sorts with a few guys. It's not really a study, just a hang out with prayer, and encouragement and all that jazz. We had our first meeting today actually and it was so so so good. I really felt God putting the value of family/friendship on my heart, and It just was one of those surreal moments. Just walking out of Simi, and feeling the warm (Yes, I said warm. The weather has turned to gold here in the Okanagan, and that my friend is why I love British Columbia) wind on my face as I looked out onto the wide spectrum of colours in the sky, and on the valley mountains overlooking Kelowna. I might be up to my neck with work and studying but life is good man. I love my friends, new and old, Canadian and non-Canadian and I would be nothing with out them, and of course, God. I love love was a DTS sayings of sorts and it could not be truer for me. I absolutely love loving on people and I love love love taking pictures. Sooooo, I decided to make some gifts for some of my friends here at uni. and they're below :). Ah, life is amazing!







No comments:

Post a Comment