Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Song of the Day (#22)

There's something about female singers. I just find female voices more appealing then male voices. It makes sense, no? It's a rarity though... Most bands, or specifically lead singers, are men; well in my music scene anyways. I ain't talking about the Taylor Swift, Miley Cyrus, Justin Bieber music scene, but real music! I've come across an ALL girl band that kicks some serious ass. They hail from Los Angeles and I'd say they fall into that Californian surf rock genre like the bands, 'Best Coast' and 'Girls'. A genre I really really really like. I also love the use of bass in this song in particular. It really reminds me of Dubstep, that genre of music that is very popular right now. I mean EVERYBODY here likes Dub! Pretty rediculous if you ask me... The only similarity is that the bass is emphasized in this song, and bass is ALL that Dub is. Well, here is Warpaint!

Bees - Warpaint

No comments:

Post a Comment