Monday, January 3, 2011

Song of the Day (#21)

It all started awhile back while I was watching some television. I usually cannot stand commercials, but on the rare occasion, they supply me with some decent music. I happened to see a Honda commercial a ways back with a very very very nice cover of an oldie. Do you know the song, 'Getting to Know You' from the classic, 'The King and I'? Well it was that song sung by a Canadian unknown. The commercial just had that Japanese scarily talented robot, Asimo, prancing about, helping people; I thought the whole thing was quite creepy, but it was the song that was important, and yes, not the car! I looked it up on Youtube, and I was informed that it was recorded just for the commercial and it would not be released! Gutted! Fast forward awhile, to now, and the new Honda commercial comes out with a original song by the same guy. The song stirs something in me that not very many have ever done. I look it up, and same story! Ah! Trust me, I wasn't the only one looking! Good news though, they're actually releasing the song, and it will be sometime this month. What a change of fortune! Anyways, this Canadian unknown might make it big.. Definitely has the talent to!

Oh yeah! Like I said, the song hasn't been released yet but I have the commercial for you! Don't mind the sap, but enjoy the song!

Pinhole Sky - Nate Kreiswirth

No comments:

Post a Comment