Saturday, December 18, 2010

Class Act

I am a rabid sports fan, or more particularly, a hockey fan, or even more specifically a Canucks fan. Being first generation Canadian, I didn't have that hockey background that most Canadians do, well, the Canadians with Canadian parents that is. When it comes to being a fan, there's not many who are more passionate and knowledgeable than me. A lot of people don't think too much of sports, but I love them. Reminiscing memories and all; the many bad ones like the Canucks (or Luongo) inability to beat ByFUGLYien and the Chicago Blackhawks in the playoffs.

Or the good times like game 7, 2004, when Matt Cooke tied the game with seconds to go on the Canucks season. Never screamed that loud in my life... Video sums it up pretty well, with the girl crying and all, Jovo jumping in the box like a mad man..... Too bad we still lost!



I started watching in 2002, in the prime of the West Coast Express days, when Markus Naslund, Todd Bertuzzi, and Brendan Morrison were the hottest line in hockey. Just recently, Naslunds jersey was retired here in Van and just brought on some great memories. It's well deserved in my books. During his ceremony, there was a lot of Sweden incorporated with Naslund being Swedish and all. Made me want to go really badly, but it will have to wait. I convinced a friend to go to Sweden for a year of schooling as well. Anyways, Naslund is a class act and he will be remembered in Van forever.


No comments:

Post a Comment