Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Song of the Day (#18)

When it comes down to bands, there are so many, and it is very difficult to isolate one and choose them over the countless others. It changes, from time to time, but like I said in an earlier post, it probably would be Bon Iver. You would think that picking a favourite song would be even harder, but you would be wrong. I've had a favourite song for quite some time now actually... I tried to remember where I heard it, or how it came into my knowledge, but I'm afraid I can't remember. I do know that it was before this song was famous and I do remember that this band, virutally, were only known in the UK and Australia, where they're hail from. I knew of this song before YWAM as well! You may think that this holds no significance whatsoever, but it does! Well, the song is Sweet Disposition by the Temper Trap. If I remember correctly, I heard the song in a Premier League ad a couple years back. Yes, before 500 Days of Summer and before New Zealand. Why New Zealand you may ask! I'll have you know that the lead singer (a guy from Bali) and the bassist actually went through YWAM, and are believers themselves! AND the bassist's father is head of YWAM in Australia, and he spoke at my school in Auckland! Crazy... Anyways, I don't think I would ever of used this song if I did not hear this amazing cover of it by this amazingly talented girl named Ellie Goulding. She also covers Bon Iver's 'The Wolves' so I recommend you check that out as well! Enjoy...

Sweet Disposition - Ellie Goulding

No comments:

Post a Comment