Friday, November 12, 2010

Black Coffee

How do you like your coffee? Or do you even drink coffee? I wasn't much of a coffee drinker actually. In Cambodia, I drank coffee every morning it seemed. Coffee in Cambodia is a whole different animal though. The standard "cafe dokoe daka" (ice coffee in Khmer) was one quarter coffee and three quarters condensed milk. Let me tell you, it was something you've never seen the likes of... Anyways, since coming here to university, I've been tired all the time. It's not like I haven't been getting enough sleep or anything though. Keeping myself awake is not the only reason for this change, but I actually just like the taste. Not the coffee you would expect though! That's right, black coffee! So delicious... It's not like I need it to live or anything though, not yet anyways. That is all for now :).

This whole conundrum of sorts brings out up some memories involving coffee. The FACT that I will be seeing this person in a few months does help as well! I hope your not expecting a grand story or something like that. It's just pretty funny, thats all... Well, while I was in Auckland, I would go for coffee here and there to work on different things. The thing is, I never actually got coffee, but smoothies instead. Well one time, Janna and I went and she ordered some sort of coffee drink, one of those fancy kinds, and being the smart guy I was, I ordered the same thing not knowing anything about it. A gigantic story short, I had one sip and didn't touch it again. It was like 7 New Zealand dollars! Isn't that the greatest story you ever heard?! I still owe Janna the money to this day and that's where the real story comes in. Like I said before, I will get to repay Janna finally, because I'm going East! And I cannot be more excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment