Thursday, November 4, 2010

Longboarding

Want to hear something messed up? As I spelled the title out, I got a warning, telling me that 'Longboarding' isn't a word. Ridiculous if you ask me... Anyways, I found this very cool video by Original. I'm pretty sure I referenced Original earlier, but if ya don't remember! Original Skateboards is a company started by two brothers in the States who specialize in longboards (<- another spelling mistake!). They have these mini-series' on Youtube where they go around longboarding different places. It's great and it's what inspired me to longboard. I can not stress enough, how fun it is; especially after the serious sess I got in today. I finally know how to carve properly so I've been crusing some of the bigger hills around campus. This South African guy (guessing from his accent?) sums up the feeling pretty well if you ask me. I personally love the watering of the eyes when going down a hill especially in the heart of night when the campus is empty and completely silent. Well, I found this video quite inspiring even though it's quite over the top and dramatic. Odd resemblance to a YWAM video I've seen haha. It does involve photography as well which is also awesome. I actually found a sweet spot on campus where I can do those type of night captures. Look forward to seeing some similar pics like that up here on the blog! That is, if I get somebody to help...

Yeah, I know they spelled Optimistic wrong! Just watch though!

No comments:

Post a Comment