Monday, November 29, 2010

Song of the Day (#14)

If you don't know the story of Bon Iver's 'For Emma, Forever Ago', let me tell you, or let Wikipedia tell you. Following the break-up of his previous band DeYarmond Edison, Justin Vernon secluded himself in a cabin in northwestern Wisconsin for three months planning to "hibernate." Three months of solitude resulted in the creation of For Emma, Forever Ago. There you have it! Anyways, picking one song from the album might be the most difficult thing I have ever done, BUT if I HAD to choose, I think it would be Flume. It's the song he opened with at Sasquatch, and it movies me like no other song. I included the actual performance from Sasquatch below, but the quality is shot so I included MySpace Transmissions live version as well :). I really love the Sasquatch version because, yeah, I was there, but there is also a moment at around 4:10 where he just unleashes and I remember just tearing up and thinking how missing Kings of Leon was so so so worth it. I also love how the girl singing with him, messes up with the timing of where to come in. I never noticed how big of a guy, Justin is as well!



No comments:

Post a Comment